You are interested in a Video Consultation. How does it work?
- Book an appointment via our on-line booking portal
- Get email confirmation – fill out the attached medical form
- Get an email prior to the consultation – press the link provided
- The Doctor initiates a video consultation
It is generally accepted 80% of diagnoses are made on history alone, 5-10% on examination and the rest on investigation. With that in mind, one can see the benefit and robustness of a Video Consultation. When you consider that with Duality Health you have unprecedented access to clinic appointments – we have a robust framework on which to build.
It doesn’t always suit to come to clinic, whatever the reason. You may want to speak with us from the office, when out and about or simply from the comfort from your own home. We don’t have any limitations on where you are – you may need advice on holiday or while away on business…you may want some advice when visiting your elderly relative who can’t get to see their own GP. We can help.
At Duality Health we aim to provide bespoke solutions for our patients. With Duality Health providing Video Consultations you know you have Quality General Practice at your fingertips.
What Do I Need to Do?
- Make sure you have Skype downloaded onto your computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone. The software is free to download and you can find out how to download it from your device by visiting www.skype.com .
- You will need to create a Skype username if you have not already done so. These are easy to set up by following the instructions on your computer screen after downloading the software.
- You will need an internet connection and to be in a quiet, private, place for your appointment. Please be aware if you are using Skype on a 3G/4G connection this may use up some of your data allowance and potentially increase your bill.
- You will have arranged a time and a date for your Skype appointment. This is most easily done via our on-line booking platform (see “Book Online Now”). This is the most straightforward way to arrange your appointment.
- Please ensure to fill out as much detail as possible in the medical questionnaire, uploading prior to your appointment. The doctor will confirm these details. If they have no information prior to the consult it will lengthen your consultation to ascertain this information while consulting. make sure you are available at the arranged time.
- You will receive a unique link to the consultation via e-mail in the 30 minutes prior to the consultation. This could be at any time in those 30 minutes. Only phone the Clinic if you have not received this e-mail at the pre-arranged consultation time.
- Press the link to take you to the consultation with our Doctor. This will initially be text only. Please do not initiate a video call, our Doctor may be consulting someone else. The doctor will text you on Skype when they are about to initiate the video link. Please accept the call and ensure you have activated your camera that you can be seen.
- The doctor will ask to see some form of Photographic I.D. at the start of the consultation. Please have this at hand.
- The doctor will introduce themselves and ask you to confirm your name, date of birth and address to confirm your identity. They will need to know ALL PAST MEDICAL CONDITIONS, MEDICATIONS and ALLERGIES. Please have already filled these out on the medical pro forma prior to the consult or be ready to provide them before discussing your concerns.
Please Note: The Doctor will contact you as close as possible to your appointment time, but this may be slightly before or after this time due to understandable delays in Healthcare Provision e.g. emergencies.
What Should I do in Advance?
- Make sure you have privacy and access to decent internet speed on your device
- You must be located in Northern Ireland at the time of the appointment (at this time)
- Keep relevant documentation or medication nearby in case you need to refer to it. Have a pen and paper ready in case to need to jot down notes.
- By agreeing to a Skype appointment you are consenting to take part in, and accept any risks involved with this method of communication. Please read the ‘Important Information’ Section below.
- A summary of your consultation will be documented by our Doctor in the usual way and will be transmitted to you securely via e-mail. Any prescription, letter, document, referral or investigation agreed will be discussed at the time.
What happens if I miss my Skype appointment?
- You will still be charged for the appointment as booking the appointment will have prevented another consultation
- You will be e-mailed to this effect and asked to re-book your consultation
- While Skype uses technology to encryp calls, no service is 100% secure online
Duality Health Ltd has no affiliation with Skype and takes no responsibility for their use of your data. Sessions will not be recorded by your GP or Duality Health Ltd. Care should be taken to ensure others cannot hear or see your private information when consulting. All information collected by Duality Health Ltd is in line with our face to face consultations and held securely and in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
As part of your assessment, the GP may suggest and arrange further investigations with your consent. Charges will be discussed before incurring any additional costs.
£45/10 minute Booked Appointment